Earl Unger is one of the four international spies and the quaternary antagonist of Home Alone 3.
Home Alone 3
Unger is tall, has a stubble, long hair, and dresses as an old man for his disguise during a small portion of the movie. During the final battle, he wears a gray-and-white camouflage suit. He gets electrocuted, a trunk of books and a set of weights fall onto his head along with Petr, then he gets hit by Plaster of Paris, then hit in the head by a window, then gets his feet caught in two pullable Mega Bloks canisters filled with glue, then gets his fingers stuck in a mouse trap, accidentally shoots a sewage pipe (which forced him to change clothes) and, finally, crashes into a frozen swimming pool. He is later found by police (along with Jernigan) and arrested. He is shown to have contracted Alex Pruitt's chicken pox in his mugshot.
- (talking to Alice) "Books. Plural, a trunk, full of books. Then a set of weights. We got hit twice, you dumb broad!"
- "I said, I'm heading to Wuh-ah-ah-ah...[Jernigan runs over Unger while driving] ...Stop, you nitwit!"
- "Well then it's settled! Tomorrow, whack every kid in the neighborhood!"
- "When I was in the john, I didn't see anything in there."
- "In the winter? I packed tropical."
- "I'm coming for you, shorty, to pay you back for all the misery you caused me."
- "I saw this door close! Would I make it up? Why? What's the point? We working on commission here?"
- "I'm gonna have bad knees when I'm old, and I'll have Burton Jernigan to thank."
- After the movie was finished filming, the mugshots for the villains were retaken for the pictures printed on the VHS boxes. When this happened David Thornton had gotten a very short haircut. This was why his character appeared in the picture on the back of the VHS boxes with short-hair. The picture is still present on the DVD cases for the original DVD releases of Home Alone 3.
- David Thornton is married to singer Cyndi Lauper.
- Unger is the only villain in Home Alone 3 with a sense of humor, besides Jernigan.
- Unger is also the only one of the four to actually smile during his mugshot.
- Though all four villains could be hostile to each other, Unger would get especially aggressive when approached in a negative light, as shown as when he referred to Alice as a "dumb broad".
- His personality resembles that of Marv Merchants and Hughes.
- According to his FBI file, he is a smoker, drinker, is 6'0" tall, weighs 175 pounds and has brown eyes. Nothing else is known.
- Unger was the first of the criminals who saw Alex face-to-face. This happened right before he got hit by a water balloon and a bag of Plaster of Paris.
- Unger's hairstyle changes between his being arrested and having mugshots taken
- The amount of sewage on his suit changes from scene to scene