The mob boss is an unnamed character who hired the four thieves to steal a missile computer chip for his mission.
Home Alone 3
The mob boss hires Petr Beaupre, Alice Ribbons, Earl Unger, and Burton Jernigan to steal a US$10 million missile cloaking computer chip. They successfully steal it and hide it in a remote control toy car so they can pass airport security. Mrs. Hess accidentally takes the bag that carries the car and the thieves follow her to Chicago. When the thieves realize that Alex Pruitt has the car, the mob boss calls Beaupre and tells him if he doesn't have the chip in 24 hours, the mission will be terminated. The mob boss doesn't appear again and it's unknown if he was arrested or not.
- The mob boss is the first character to hire thieves to steal something.
- Not much is known of him such as the date of his birth or citizenship but it is implied he he hails from the Demcratic People's Republic of Korea (commonly known as North Korea).
- The authorities state in the film that the four criminals hired to steal the microchip work for a North Korean terrorist organization
- it is implied the mob boss is a high-ranking member of the organization, disguised as a Hong Kong-based Korean businessman.
- Beaupre and his team's arrest by the police can be viewed as a lesser punishment, as the mob boss had previously threatened Petr that if the chip is not in his possession within 24 hours, he would abort the mission and tie up all the loose ends - in other words, send someone (possibly even another team of mercenaries) to kill them for their failure.
- It's unknown what happens to him at the end of the film.
- It's unknown what his mission was.
- He was portrayed by James Saito, well known for his portrayal of The Shredder in the 1990 movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.